Sunday 30 September 2018

Ready To Kiss Live In Bangkok - Feels Overwhelming

Photo taken from Siamdol

Whoaaa! Who would've expected? Ready To Kiss announced another One Man Live in Bangkok again! Was thoroughly impressed with their first tour, so its a no brainer that I'll attend this again. Though this time it'll be a smaller group of us heading there, I am definite that this trip will be GREAT!

Tickets get!

This the only group that changed their overture each time I attended. Their members lineup kept changing. Previously Sayana was kicked out and now Momona is part of the lineup. Sadly Momona was absent here, citing health concerns.

They have 3 tiers for ticketing. You can opt either one of the lives or both. Another tier includes the lunch offkai while the full package has bowling for day before. Knowing how much I sucked in interacting, most recently for chula, I opt for lives + lunch offkai instead. Dont believe I would enjoy myself if I were to go bowling. Besides, I sucked at sports too. Defintely loads of alpha males there, I would feel intimidated nonetheless.

The ticketing options available


On to the live proper. First session cover groups Baby Syrup and Love Letter were the opening acts. One of them did a PASSPO cover song, coincidentally PASSPO is disbanding today. A tinge of sadness there. The cover groups have quite a following that the studio was packed to the brim. Afterwards, its Ready To Kiss aka RTK proper. Had experience with previous RTK lives, made a mini bet with nubu on which song would they perform first. Its usually Top Secret based on youtube videos and during JET. Yeap, its Top Secret all right, yeay. For the second session. They included their new song Thai ni Ikitai. They have an interesting call which goes "Minna ni isshoni Kap Khun Kap", WOW!


Inside venue, before live

Group photo end of 1st session. Photo from Siamdol

In between sessions, we were thankful there loads of food options in Siam Square One. Opt for this chicken don shop. The food is OK somewhat but for the famished wota, everything goes!

Ayuko chekis all around my chicken don

Obligatory food cheki!

2nd session time! Its evident that most of the crowds preferred the 1st session or are cover groups fans. Studio has lesser people now. RTK wore the same attire though. One of the japanese fans noticed that I'm an Ayuko fan earlier and he just grabbed and dragged me to all Ayuko's solo parts. Ahhhh... quite embarassing to kecha in front of her and I dont have a red lightstick too. Oh well... STARLIGHT is playing? Alright !"お前が一番あゆこ!!"

2nd Session group photo. Ah Mome is there too! Photo from Siamdol

And just like that, its lunch offkai the next day. Its held in the same place as the You'll Melt More one I went last year. Most of us gaijins are at the same table, whereas one of our Hong Kong wota comrades chose to head over the table with the Japanese fans (perhaps he knows Kisumin will head there first). They had a mini jankenpon (rock paper scissors) where the prize is a signed poster. Alas.... I lost to Ayuko. It was the furthest I ever gone playing jankenpon though. Really really wanted that poster as it was nicely signed by the members (no Momona though). Furthermore, the last poster gift I got didnt have it :(

You could never win against your oshi

Offkai and my overwhelming feels.


After much deliberation, I felt its proper that I write out my truest "feels". The euphoria that is attending an idol live and watching a member you fancy on stage smack right in front of you is indescribable. The mesmerizing dances movements and their voices which you firmly believe is melodic (almost somewhat, ok~~ it depends to the beholder~) are like stimulants, enticing you to attend again and again. Perhaps one should list idol lives as narcotics? Thats the beauty of attending an idol live~

Amazing Ayuko. Photo from Siamdol


I dislike strawberries. I prefer chocolate. But Ayuko made me change my mind. Something about her is hypnotic. Was it her twintails? Was her voice? Was it her expression? Cant put on a finger on it, I just find her fascinating. To be honest, alot of lament that Ayuko is hard to talk to. I didnt mind, its similar to how people labelled Yuechi too. I guess with this kind of behaviour, you will get the most sincere kind of feeling from the idol themselves. Its great that she remembered me and did try to express herself. At very least she did mention her overseas fans in her tweet. Switched seats with the Japan fans during offkai and played pokemon go since she said "Game suki!". I guess she is super patient trying to make sense of my japanese.

All the Ayukos~ As sweet as M&Ms~

What is Ayuko doing??

Apart from Ayuko, Hiromin is another interesting member. Theres an incident where she said my japanese is good and I say "LIES!". Lol, she suddenly becomes so apologetic. Hiromin has super good memory too. Took a cheki with her and she said she spotted me at which exact location. Stalker Hiromin!

Stop giving me that look!

Well, offkai is where you have an opportunity to interact with all members. Here I have the chance to talk to Reina, Sakino, Miho and Kisumin. Kisumin seems to be very sadistic asking a fellow fan to much chillis and drink curry. Scary. To be honest didnt talk much to her. Sakino's voice is damn adorable. Got to know she likes Yuechi! Miho seems down to earth and Reina was quite talkative.

Kisumin random chekis

Sakino's attire quite cute!

What makes this Bangkok experience worth it was that activities are jam packed throughout the day. Apart from RTK, we had outing to eat beef BBQ, chill out at  moomin cafe, encountered Moe Ranger final performance in maidreamin, walking with Pochai along scary alleys for great food and also sending off RTK at the airport. Ayuko wore her surgical mask and she seems nonchalant to the crowd. Well, I did approach her before she checked in, said the usual arigatou and all. Nubu asked her to give a voice greeting to an Indonesian fan which she obliged. Guess will take alot of time to know her better. And just like that, everything is all over.

Group shot outside Thonglo after offkai. Taken by a Japanese fan

The withdrawal feelings was seriously strong. So much so that I just play the whole Ready To Kiss playlist in my media player during my 2 hours trip back home. I even continued playing while in the bus back. The memories and even the furicopy kept on rewinding. Ayuko's sweet megawatt smile appears so vividly. When I see short blonde haired girls, I envisioned its Hiromin too. Oh dear, thats it, feels overwhelming. Gonna take some time to revert back to normal lol.

Ayukooooo gonna miss youuuuu


Chekis recieved:
3x Hiromin
1x Sakino
4x Ayuko

Because of feels and of the amazing time in Bangkok, I'm giving this live event a full ★★★★★ STARS!

1 comment: