Saturday 31 December 2022

Shiny Hunt Time! Pokemon GO Safari Zone Singapore 2022

Disclaimer: This article is backdated since I entirely forgot to publish it last month! Heck it is now end of the year! OMG....

Seeing that my blog will be devoid of additional posts (till 25th Dec since its EOY2022!), I just have to insert content regardless if its AGC or idol-centric or not. In fact, including this post, the current count is 3! Yeap thats the total number of posts I have for the year! I believe me doing this will be the precedent of doing write-ups not for the sake of idorus and the likes. 


"Eh wasnt there Anime Festival Asia? Why not write about that?" Alas I did not go. The idol group that attended was DEAR KISS but a member that I am keen was not present due to personal reasons. Person not there so whats the point of heading over? Nothing exciting for me to see too.


So what else is nearby? Well its the return of the Pokemon GO Safari Zone! Yeap, it's right here in Singapore!


Previously attended Safari Zone way back in 2016. That time you need to ballot for it. I remember the underhandedness of Resort World Sentosa, resorted to getting your details like phone numbers for a ballot chance. Look, I am fine with furnishing personal data if it allows you to nail something in return. But a ballot chance and then not winning it? It leaves a sour taste. Furthermore those who actually won the tickets are those who spoof! And some of them RESELLS them online. Fuck RWS, Fuck Sentosa! So when this next iteration have you paying for those tickets instead, I am elated. It will weed out the spoofers and not serious players out. Give people who wants to play deserve the ticket!

The designated zone is at Gardens by the Bay and bought tickets for 18th Nov. Date falls on a Friday, hopefully less people are hustling at GBTB since its a work day.

My survival pack for event as followed: 
1) Powerbank
2) Extra shirts
3) Drinks
4) Pokemon GO Plus

Since its been raining heavily previously, my friend brought along his poncho too.

The tickets we bought were for the 10AM till 6PM slot. However my friend has to attended his son's primary school orientation event, thus theres a delay. Ended up meeting and reaching the venue at 12PM. Alright 2 hours gone but I am certain we can nail loads of pokemon!

Thankfully skies were overcast, so its not hot walking all around GBTB.

Featured pokemons are Purrloin which you can get a 100% shiny via event and Maractus, an exclusive Pokemon that only appears in South American zones. Usually I use this event to hunt shinies and wont care much about getting "candies" and "hundos". 

The main event area is at a field near GBTB. There you can get freebies like stickers and hats. Coincidentally its also the launch of Pokemon Scarlet / Violet games. Thus you stand a chance getting their Paldean starters like Spigratito, Quaxly and Fuecoco (in hat forms).







Lots of Pokemon GO youtubers were on the ground too. My friend took photos with Brandon Tan.

Our route was from MacDonald's to the field and back again. Did 3 rounds in total, with rests usually at the giant tree while we do raids. Snagged a shiny Latias. Thankfully the weather wasnt hot and it is not raining heavily. My friend Brice arrived towards the end of the event as we did our final raids. Opt not to attend the Pokemon light show. Which actually is a good thing coz its packed with crowds!



My shiny count is eight pokemon. Not a bad haul as I got those I wanted. My friend Brice joined in the later part of the day, and we nailed some loots like the ones below.




Brice even showed me his pikachu keychain, which is exclusive to the event here.


Hopefully in future, I will try another safari zone elsewhere, perhaps in another country.



No comments:

Post a Comment