Monday 26 December 2022

EOY 2022! Ice No Tameni~~

Its finally here! EOY2022! Following the same format as previous EOY, be updating this article on the fly while attending EOY in real time and edit afterwards at home. Publish should be ready by Monday!😁

After a hiatus of 2 years, finally a local Japan pop culture event that I can attend. Yes gave AFA 2022 a miss as its more vtuber centric and has no vested interest. Even the idol group DEAR KISS was missing my favourite member.

Highlight of this event is meeting Ice! She is a member of Siamdream, a thai Jpop idol group. Actually me and a handful of friends welcomed her at the airport. Got inserted in her insta story somewhat hahaha

So today's agenda as followed:

  • See Ice performance, get Ice cheki
  • See Megami, Darlim and Ola performance
  • Visit the SPF booth
  • Take a look at other vendor's goods
  • Watch miki and momo performance
  • Play some pokemon

Had a member queue on our behalf at the front and at around 1230 we were whisked inside the venue. Entry wasnt complicated, just show them your QR Code and get a re-entry stamp followed by a bag check. Just like that we were in the venue!

Tried to setup my tripod but was stopped by staff who said "no tripods". I am OK with the rules actually. Until I see other people (non media mind you) bringing and setup their tripods later on. Hey? Be fair man, scold them too! So footage is yet again freehand ughhh.

Thankfully Ice is at an earlier timeslot.



Since got time to spare, headed over to the Singapore Police Force (SPF) booth to try out their mini games and win prizes via gashapon. Theme of the day is spotting scams which actually me and Abang Joe failed badly. Doing different booths will earn up a stamp. Complete the stamp and get a chance at the gashapon booth.





And their gashapon booth is a scam! Coz I won a measly mousepad! Grrrrr



Afterwards is off to purchase Ice cheki and watch her performance. Following with the theme of EOY, she sang mostly anime songs. However she also sang Long Distance, a thai cover of a Ready To Kiss song. Sadly noone did the meme dance though someone got lifted. 





Thankfully Megami, a Vietnamese duo doing EDM-ish song were next. Another group that I've been wanting to see. 



Upon signal from a friend, as queue is getting longer, off to Ice cheki session!




Queue for Ice is long! OMG, had a long waiting time, with legs aching. Nevertheless had a good chat with her and gave her a gift which is a Pokemon booster pack. Pick one that has an eevee coin since she liked eevee. She also posed with my gift in her insta-story! Though I didnt manage to screenshot it.





Afterwards its straight to Megami's booth for a cheki. Again, the waiting was excruciating, mainly because they have a singular queue for both members instead of the usual 1 queue per member style of buppan. While waiting, Mochi approached us from time to time while it was Yumi's turn for cheki. She looked at me and said I look familiar and enquired if we met before. Told her I did cheki with her during EOY2018 when she was with Aini when Niji Universe was invited. During actual buppan did another chat with her, asked if she has any collab with Ice, which she said there isnt any. Yumi was also another interesting member. Apparently our convo was mixed with both English and Japanese. Seems like she is more comfortable in speaking Japanese.




Then its off to the stage area for Ice and Cheryl Rein collaboration. And its literally after the cheki with Megami! Ughhhh my legs again.... This time she perform the most irritating earworm of a song. Its Suki-Cho! Nooooo.

Finally I can rest and go for a smoke break as the next performance is Darlim and Ola. The booth areas were packed and thus didnt manage to have time to check and snap some photos. Have to rely on others for photos of the booth, which they too didnt take much.

Back to the stage and completed one of the checklist: Trading Pokemon! Traded a 5IV Japanese Ditto and I need it for Masuda Method shiny hunting. Also met my friend and incidentally it was his birthday today. Gifted him a Kyogre through Pokemon GO and since we are lucky friends, asssured that Kyogre has good stats and lucky. Afterwards, its off to Darlim's performance.

Wow, she is very very pretty in real life. And has a heavenly voice too. She has so much of an effect that I bought her cheki ticket. 




And it was a disappointment. The camera used is for the bigger size cheki and the photo quality is horrible. Perhaps different culture, she has no sign on the cheki itself unless you request. However the good thing is that we have a very long talk time. Told her, I like she sang Spitz songs on youtube. Next time should not be hasty for her cheki and do a cheki check beforehand first. Impulsiveness strikes yet again!

Next performance is Ola. Quite a sizeable crowd attended because not only she is a performer, she's a cosplayer too. However she too did an earworm song. Suki-Cho! strikes again! Ughhhh



Last performance to watch is Momo and Miki, performing as duo called 少女♡LOVE. They did an AKB48 song and... surprise surprise.... a Noime (≠ME, pronounced as Not Equal ME) song! Whoa. Bumped into Miki earlier actually, and in part of the Christmas spirit, she gave me a bag of biscuits. I gift her a FESTIVE CD instead 😅





Ended the event with a cheki with Serene from CIRCA as she was eyeing at me. hehe, sorry Serene didnt go to your booth early. I promise to cheki with Kanamin next time too kay. PROMISEEE.

Also met and talked with Cheryl Rein proper. She somehow knows me and I like "Whoaaa? You know me?" She is actually a nice girl to talk to. No wonder people are drawn to her. Promised her cheki next time. And she wanted me to bid on her special cheki. 

"Eh eh, bid on my special cheki lei"
"Special one! got show my feet! you like feet right?"

Hahhhh?? I shake head and chuckled.

Ended the day proper with a Turkish dinner with Brice, Frei and Abang Joe. And there's a Celebfest event happening nearby too! With loads of good makan! But seeing the long snaking queue and big crowds, opt for somewhere else. Though we bought a massive corn drink!




EOY2022 is actually the first local AGC event I attend proper for the year. Though main focus is Ice, great to mingle and chill with my friends again after such a looong time. Just like that the final local event of the year is over!

Cheki Received
1x Ice (SiamDream)
1x Yumi (MEGAMI)
1x Mochi (MEGAMI)
1x Darlim 😭
1x Serene (CIRCA)


No comments:

Post a Comment