Sunday 30 December 2018

EOY 2018: Final Event of The Year!


For this article, I am doing something new. I am drafting everything I saw on the fly so hopefully by event end, an article would be up. In fact this first draft is being edited on the bus! No late post for this one... I think... 🤔 Also as this is drafted on my phone instead of my laptop, the formatting might go wonkers...

This year's EOY is held in Suntec Exhibition as opposed to the previous years where event is at Marina Barrage. Hooray for air-conditioning! Noone would be complaining being exposed to extreme weather now.

Same as AFA, attending only for 1 day. My objective for this event are:

1 - Find Niji Universe, a Vietnamese cover group.
2 - Get a cheki for a fellow "SIA" named Nubu
3 - Nail Riona's cheki if possible. Not priority but bonus if I can get it.
4 - Get that UFO catcher Keychain I saw on Facebook
5 - Lastly give away my surplus idoru stuffs

All are doable unless something goes wrong uh. Maybe I am going to be late for Riona Hamamastsu performance as 1PM I am still in the bus.....


1250HRS - Phew! I made it! OK time to wait for Riona! 

Reached in time!

She did both dance and vocal covers. Her last song is This Is Me. She also threw some autographed balls, but not lucky to get it though. However nailed a cheki afterwards. Told her "I will see you next year in Japan Expo Thailand" OH NOOOOO






1550HRS
One of my missions failed! The game charms were sold out since yesterday! Gahhhhh... Oh well, make full use of my time here till Natsupa's performance. Should have asked a fellow attendee buy one yesterday.

Nice charms. Photo from Ekocoon FB

Manage to clear mission no 4 which is giving away my idoru stuffs. Look at them happy faces~~


Most opt to take my CDs instead as the magazines are somewhat "yabai". Gave away 2 posters to dance senseis Reina and Suzume. 

1740HRS
Back to stage, in time for Natsuiro Party performance. OK first 2 songs are from groups I follow: Akishibu Project & Ready To Kiss. Can't lead the fan group though, so some mixes goes haywire lol. 


Told one of members due to me splurging on Toreba, have only enough for one member's cheki. Will make it up in Thailand. 

Next up is Niji Universe! They started off with Triangle Dreamer and unleashed the hidden yakkai in everyone. Theres even a song which they head down to the audiences. Had a brief chat with the staff, found out most of them are AKB48 fans. Aini looks forward to meeting us again because I believe she is one of the members that attended 2017 Japan Expo Thailand. 


2000HRS
And we ended our day. In all, EOY is a very chillax affair. Most of the time spent mingling with the attendees. All done in good fun. A kinda good event to end the year.

Oh, mission 2 completed too. Hope the "SIA" is overjoyed seeing this.


Chekis obtained:
1x Riona

Cover Groups 2shots
1x Natsumi (Tokimeki Jump)
1x Miki (Natsuiro Party)
1x Aini (Niji Universe)
1x Mochi (Niji Universe)

No comments:

Post a Comment