Sunday 16 February 2020

Japan Expo 2020 - My Neighbour Komaki


Last year's Japan Expo Thailand was supposedly to be the LAST. Afterall my oshis from Akishibu Project (Yuechi) and Ready To Kiss (Ayuko) had already left their respective groups. So whats there to entice me to go for one more round? Who's there to make me URYA OI this year?

Well there's plenty!


All started with Malaysian wota comrade Jeseng pestering me to go. He used my =LOVE photosets as bait. "You no go, you no get hor!" Well, photosets itself isnt just the primary reason, that'll be silly. There's a certain group that'll make an appearance there. Its 7LAND! Alright time to watch them perform proper. Also, Jeseng is not the only wota to extend the invite. MBTF constant nagging is another factor, owed him another "overseas buffet".

Because of these photos I have to go JET 2020

Flew on Thursday and of course, booked Arnoma Grand as our accomodation. Its a tad pricier than normal hotels/hostels but its close proximity to venue is a BIG plus point. Big C supermarket is nearby should you want a snack or two. And sometimes we might bump into idorus loitering near Big C or massage parlors nearby.

Friday:

Timetable for Friday~

First agenda, get the paid live tickets. Opt for just Saturday as both 7LAND and Ready To Kiss are performing on the same date. Loitered around the main stage and listen to their rehearsals. Not much groups to watch based on Friday's timetable. MBTF introduced me to CoverGirls during rehearsals.

<CG Video insert>

Only know Hitomi, she is an ex-RTK member. However spied one interesting member with headphones, her name is Bandou Haruka.


Had time to kill, hover around the buppan area and saw Milcs Honmono. Icchan noticed me and immediately took off her mask and waved. GAHHHHHHHHH. MBTF, again the devil he is, pestered me to visit her buppan. I'll pass.... its really expensive. Sadly heard from one of their wotas, Milcs Honmono will disband next month. Ehhhhh.

Icchan immediately waved!

Next up, watching 7land on the Culture Stage. Booked our spot near the stage for GIRLS BOMB, performers today are SAY-LA, Wonderweed, CoverGirls and 7land. Again MBTF wants me to watch CoverGirls. Even forced me to sing to 向日葵と、タイヨウ. To be honest, their songs are fun to furicopy and watch.

Bandou Headphones~

7land up next. Damn, it was pure bliss to watch them perform classics such as Hashire, Joudan Janai and Watashi Ga Watashi De Aru Tameni. All done and dusted, straight to their buppan. First thing in my agenda: Cheki with Haruppi and Yukine.

7land! BLISSSSS

Haruppi seems like she remembered me. Interesting fella, loved her quirky attitude and convo. Next is Yukine. She seems very reserved and quiet. She talked with Osaka-ben, a sort of dialect from Osaka.

Haruppi Cheki Last in Line. For a few minutes lol.

Last stage of the day: the Main Stage with FESTIVE, READY TO KISS and 7LAND.
Ended the day with Ready To Kiss & 7land buppan. During RTK's free high touch, was shocked that Kisumin didnt do high touch. She just SMACKED my head. WTF!

Settled cheki with Hiromin and new member Ichika. Last cheki taken of the day was with 7land's Nanaco. Tbh, I find her pretty. Wonder how Kan Furuya manage to dig up all these wonderful girls.

Also asked Haruppi why they didnt perform nanimoiranai. Explained that this song is retired and no longer played in 7land. Oh dear, no chance to recite Sakuma and Don Don Chi Chi mix at all....



Off to the hotel to recharge for the next day!



Saturday:

Went off for breakfast with my group. Saw Hiromin also having her breakfast too. During breakfast, forgot I left my stuff and went back up to my room. While waiting for the lift on my floor, 2 girls went out two rooms next to mine. Looked at them.... OMFG! Its Mai and Komaki! 7LAND ARE STAYING ON THE SAME FLOOR AS US! Its quite awkward, I act oblivious but I guess they noticed even with my mask on. Well this hotel has quite a number of idols staying but didnt expect 7land to be our neighbours.

A snippet on 7land vlog, I can see the door to my room LOL

Todays agenda is the paid live!

The live tickets!

Again bumped into MBTF and again hearing CoverGirls. Again, found Bandou mesmerizing. Alright, let me check her twitter....


OMG.... I guess with go for her cheki in due time.

Its all out 7land as today is their final performance. Last one paid stage. I took chekis with all members except Tsukine. Apart from Haruppi, everyone else dont remember (or act dont know).  Komaki's queue as expected is LONG. Emerson and Knicc pestered so I relented, again she tries to fish with her "I LOVE YOU".

Conversation were routine until I took with Mai...

"HISASHIBURI!"
"eh?? Oboette??"

WOW, Mai actually remembered me. And unfortunately, this is my last 7land cheki is with her. Told her she is going to graduate soon and I would miss her alot. Should gone for Mai more, I had a nice chat tbh (although its bloody 30secs lol)

All them 7land chekis. Sorry Tsukine

Sunday:


LAST DAY! Now I can concentrate fully on Ready To Kiss. And also check out Akishibu Project.
I wonder how life is like, AKSB in Thailand without Yuechi and Hinahi. Anyways wore my Yuechi grad shirt and chatted with Miichan during buppan. I kinda talked wrongly about Yuechi haha. Next is Riitan, heard she is going to grad thus a cheki why not. Took with Hiyori too. Ok.... she acts she dont remember me.

Last AKSB performance is the outdoor stage. Almost everyone I know are there, all waiting for the legendary Akishibu Way to be performed.

All waiting for AKSB WEI

If you are curious about me furicopying....


Buppan ends, and my next cheki is with Rino. OMG, her command of English was quite good. Knowing that a fellow wota that visited Singapore previously knows her, asked this question.

"Hey, you are friends with xxxxx right?"
"Ehhhhh? HAHAHA everyone in Singapore asks the same thing!"

So precious, no wonder alot likes Rino. Even Thai wota overlord APK.



Alright, need to acquire Bandou's cheki. Those headphones are so damn tempting!

<insert Bandou cheki>

Ended the day with a MacDonald's chillout session with the Malaysian/Myanmar wotas. Prior to this, they did some Yakkai stuffs, videoed it and upload to some Japan Idol Sh-- site i suppose. But hey all done in good fun! Well I stayed away, me old. me no Yakkai :P



And just like that, JET2020 ended.


In all, I am fully satisfied. All the cheki targets acquired.
Extend my thanks to all my friends and comrades at JET. Most notably Jeseng and MBTF, both persistent buggers. I had FUN! Especially the chit chat sessions at the lobby, at Cha Tra Mue, at Macs and at Centralworld. All the avenues I can vent out my feels.

Well the only regret is that I didnt manage to see Yuu Kikkawa perform Romantic Ukare Mode. This is the fifth year I missed it.... FARKKKK


Cheki Acquired:
Ooba Haruka (7land) x6
Mai (7land)
Komaki (7land)
Karin (7land)
Nanaco (7land)
Yukine (7land)
Ichika (Ready To Kiss)
Miho (Ready To Kiss)
Hiromin (Ready To Kiss) x3
Izumin (SAY-LA)
Bandou Haruka (Covergirls)

Sidenote: It may sound wimpy and trivial. There are times I cried during an idol's perfromance. Especially RTK and AKSB. Especially when new members sung the parts that my oshi used to sing. More so during RTK. Why? This signifies that times are different now. No longer the passionate wota I was. We have to press forward. We have to move on. It applies to both the real and delusional world too.

Hiromin to accompany on flight back.


No comments:

Post a Comment