Monday 30 December 2019

2019: This Year in Retrospect - My Heartfelt Post


I usually end the year with the best of and worst of list. Only 2018 I skipped due in part I can't upload an article in time. However, this year edition, the bad outweigh the good unfortunately. Anyways....

This year, is most touching year ever.

Best Idoru ever: Yue Miyatani.

Firstly, is of course Yue Miyatani's graduation. The most wonderful idoru I ever met. One of best albeit sad live events I ever attended. As to emphasise its significance, all of Akishibu's ex-members with the exception of Mirinya (currently in =LOVE) goes on stage.



You have the 1st gen members Saorin, Ami, Yuuna and Abu-chan (even though she was still in Last Idol then). 2nd Gen members Honii, Yuringo, Ruka and Mizuki (coincidentally, all of them with exception of Yuringo graduated this year too!). Even the original producer Rinahamu was there! It was a sight to behold.



When Yuechi cried reading her message, I held my tears too. Her graduation signifies the end of my idoru journey. As of now, Yuechi works as a receptionist in some salon, she has a seperate instagram account.

Happy times with Ayuko and Sakino

Another impactful graduation was Uehara Ayuko. It was shocking when I saw her latest performance video. She really looks different. My last meeting with her was during some event in Shinjuku BLAZE. Our last conversation was apologising to her that I am unable to attend her Hong Kong ensei. Seeing how totally different she looked physically, I was bracing myself for her impending announcement. Announced it did and its especially sad that she has to grad due to legit health concerns. Heard that she has to cancel her birthday live too.  Due to that, I had to scupper plans to attend RTK One Man in Thailand.  As of now, she is still doing dances and would be studying abroad.

You can follow her instagram here > https://www.instagram.com/uehara_ayuko/

Wishing her the best of health. Apart from her, Sakino will leave Ready To Kiss too.

Nico Minami cheki with her signed glasses

Other idols that come and go are Siam Dream's Nico Minami and You'll Melt More's Ano-chan. I only met Nico in person once, and it was this year's Japan Expo Thailand. Won her TIF signed sunglasses and was looking forward to wear it together with her. Alas, it was not meant to be. Also graduated due to health concerns and she is very active on showroom, instagram and twitter!

Ano was the biggest surprise, as the most popular of YLMLM, withdrew from the group! We are used to her randomness but this was the most surprising of all. She's doing random stuffs right now i.e. modelling.


Just look at her instagram! https://www.instagram.com/a_n_o2mass/



Local group Natsuiro Party disbanded too. There goes my motivation of attending local events. Not to put other local performers down, but something about Natsuiro Party is really different. Its a breath of fresh air as whenever one mentions "idols" locally, performance are usually those from anisong ie Love Live. They're only group in Singapore that has the honour of performing in Japan Expo Thailand! To be absolutely fair, there are local groups doing idoru covers fulltime or sometimes i.e. Hanamikoen Idol School and Tokimeki Jump, but Natsuiro Party still holds a special place in my "kokoro". Literally happiness, sadness, anger and whatever emotions when following them :P



However, their disbandment was not as sad per se, since we are likely to bump into them as casuals in local events. Their graduation is more of celebration and job well done supporting them throughout their idol journey. Abit of trivia, unbeknownst to people, my oshi is not Momo (Dear Momo, please dont kill me. You are still my frieeendd).

Yes, she killed me once upon a time.

Karin Ochi also announced graduation though its set next year. At least I have ample time to meet her again if I wanted to. But I am giving it to friend Kisumeng to do the honours.

Playballs are another group disbanding next year. This year's Japan trip had me seeing them on 4 seperate occassions.

4 events but only 2 Tsugumi cheki. THEY'RE EXPENSIVE AF!
Truly I have to thank my pal MBTF for urging me to attend these events. Its sad that it'll be the last Diving Catch I'll ever experience live. My last ever shout for Shinozuka Tsugumi, and last meetups with her. She is soooo adorable! Truly priceless.

Bye Tsuguteyaaaaa
Friends been asking, why not choose another idol and group? It isn't so easy to just skip to another idol and show my support. Besides the age gap between me and the current generations of idol are getting wider and wider, just like the expansion of the universe. The feels are somewhat different. In all, I really do had a great time supporting the current ones. Especially both Yuechi and Ayuko. It bothers me to such a degree, I tweeted the following (cant locate the tweet now lol):

"Would you give the same support to a group/oshi if they grad and joins another? Will the 'feels' ever feel the same?"

I had loads of interesting replies. If only I had screenshot it back then. Personally to me, it wont be the same anymore.

With these graduation, it has set the wheels in motion. My days of updating and writing for Project Nakitty would be over too. I have a next aim, which is to start my Retro Gaming project / blog, at least I know that will have a longer shelf life and no pressure to update posts. More would be announced soon.

Soon you'll see me uploading photos of games such as these ^_^

And with idols moving on with their lives, I should too. In a personal capacity, my parents had been bugging me to buy my own house (housing in Singapore isnt cheap, its exponentially expensive to the income you earn). In the process of finding a new job as the current one riddled with false promises. Love life is horrid as always, guess I be a level 36 wizard soon? Hahaha. Anyone I fancy? Well maybe?? but I shall leave it as it is. I guess I am tired of it all, and felt totally lost after being immersed in the wonderful world of idoru fandom~ Need a fresh change, a cold boot, a restart come 2020.

However, to tie up loose ends, I only have 2 major idol centric events next year. My next "ensei" would be Japan Expo Thailand 2020, mainly because some friends wanted a feel of the atmosphere. And other friends egging me to go for that one last final togetherness. Why not? Alot of my friends around the region would be there too. Its a blessing that 7land are one of the invited guests, I still have a chance for Haruppi's cheki.



My last ensei would be Wyenra Live in Bangkok, which I want to settle meeting Hikari aka Takky and finally get Misato's cheki like after 3 years? Local events, I dont hope much, they are downright boring and dont entice people like us. Perhaps that local "I-Avenue" event? Idk. Some peeps will just post statuses lamenting negativity but really, theres nothing I want to look out for. Please local cons, improve your content and I would go.

Wyenra dates confirmed!

Major JPN enseis like TIF and AtJam are over for me. Theres the Olympics, it will make accomodation and travels prices there to skyrocket. Nah, I wont be going at all. In fact Oct 2019 is my final JPN trip in a very long time (unless I can find a Japanese girlfriend lol).

TIF, changed date for 2020 edition

The good part of 2019 was that I manage to enjoy some of these events with friends. Managed to do somewhat idoru related projects with these friends too. Its been an eye opener, blessed to have these people as company. I think I shall revert to do video projects to pass the time.

In all, this is a big thank you to everyone. 2019 will always be remembered as the biggest turning point. And advance Happy New Year and God bless [^_^]

No comments:

Post a Comment