Sunday 10 May 2020

[Rant Out Corner] Global Cancels Activated!

Even bookshelf is getting empty.... Sad

As events get cancelled due to the global pandemic caused by the coronavirus COVID-19, my plans to attend Wyenra live in Thailand back in March were scuppered. Then Wyenra announced event is postphoned and I have no business to be there. Afterwards, its cancelled altogether. In fact this is my 2nd time I cancelled a trip to Bangkok. As disappointed as I am, guess I have to write up an article to pass the time before idol events starts proper.



Firstly, rescheduling my flight. Before harsh measure undertaken by Governments everywhere, the thought of cancelling didnt cross my mind. Have to pay hefty additional $$ if I were to forfeit my flight, thus rebooked to a new date somewhere in July. However, this viral outbreak shows no signs of abating and I guess it will drag on. Assessing situation, but its more likely I will cancel it altogether.


With the rampant cancellations also happening in Japan, we have alot of free viewing via live streams. Most recent one I watched was 7land live. To avoid exposure to the virus, it was done in an empty venue. Well better be safe than sorry.

7land screenshot. Intro 2 new members

Since we cant be in close proximity with idorus, there are other avenues you can "interact". Theres an online service called Chekicha where you can get virtual signed chekis via mobile app. There also alot of netsign events and services like limista where idorus can sign chekis/goods on livestream. Some of our regional wota sultans are opting these 2 services, and one even wrote a full guide in English! Of course, we have the good ol twitter for likes and resu.

Chekicha list of idorus!

Sporting events were suspended too. Oh dear, my favourite team Liverpool were hands on certain to win the league but due to confirmed cases in other teams contracting the virus, the FA were forced to suspend it. I hope it will resume proper, it serves great injustice to deny Liverpool's first league trophy in 30 years. Well of course there would be banter, as long its not sensitive I laugh along with my mates especially those supporters from them despicable London teams. That said, Olympics is also cancelled though somehow the Olympic Torch gets the go ahead to be sent to Tokyo


Club World Cup in 2019, their last major trophy. The league next? Photo from bloomberg

Italy has been hard hit, their country was 2nd in the number of confirmed cases. Hoping everything will end up better. Not many knows my other favourite team is Lazio, was hoping Serie A will go down the wire and Lazio will nail the prize. That being said, Fantasy League, an online game where you get points based on a team / players performance on pitch, is put on hold too.

Everyone is not going out, since alot of invited guests and local events were cancelled / postponed. Concerts, live performances and exhibitions. You name it, all cancelled. Sakura Matsuri is the latest local event ACG event to announce cancel, but either way not interested. SOZO ended up making a livestream event call "AFA United". Its less crowded at places now. No outside activities unless I have plans to buy stuff. Which means more time at home to settle projects. Had a video project done with an "ex-idoru", I hope it can complete by the coming weeks (inadvertedly, it drag for months.... Hope its not 1 year anniversary). Planning more video projects but I have to complete that main one first. I have a idea floating around to do an idoru MV featuring someone in a Dino suit. Well its not like I never did a one, just follow my youtube channel and you can find one that features wotagei~



My side project doing retro games is put on hold too. Planned to release my retro game page this May but have to delay it (my placeholder page is here if you wanna take a look). Previously had no means to import games overseas, thus have been binge playing old pokemon games. Again hit a setback. Due to the PGL service ended because they started a new service called Pokemon Home, I was unable to use the Mystery Gift glitch to get WiFi exclusive pokemons. No choice but to resort to "hacking" i.e. using save files to an R4 device. All in the name of nailing the "diploma" for pokedex completion. Thats what I have been doing to pass the time. Call it getting 100% achievement on Pokemon for bragging rights.

One of the most heartbreaking cancellations was the last live for JUMPIN, an Ishikawa based idol group. 21st March was supposed to be their last live. However, concerns from people around, made the management release a press statement: JUMPIN will not have a last live and they will disband on that date itself. There will be no performance from JUMPIN at all. I can totally feel the anguish and sadness of those who were looking forward to it. Contemplated in doing a video stream featuring JUMPIN songs on my FB page, but I let it be. As of 31st March, the website ceased operations and I believe their youtube is taken down.


Anyways, since Wyenra was supposed to be my last ensei, guess my idoru grad will also be postphoned too? So maybe another JP trip? Well I wanted to go again to snag more retro stuff. Miscalculated my funds the last time round, would be wiser next time.

Calling it quits definitely is real. Just have to attend Wyenra ensei. Oh well, my dear best chinese friend MBTF will try his best baiting me to more lives before I attend their ensei. Perhaps I should enjoy the moment for now. Tbh, there are some chekis I've yet to attain. Not high priority though, I can live without having them.

2020 started off bad, but heres hoping that the pandemic will be eradicated and people to get well soon. Prayers and wishes to everyone around. Peace out.

P.S: You know, this is my 2nd Rant Out post in the existence of this blog. LOLz


No comments:

Post a Comment