Saturday 30 November 2019

Autumn Trip: Sancha Fest and Ramen Fest



Another round of idol centric events. Its the Sancho Fest and Tokyo Ramen Show! Next day will be Ready To Kiss CD release live (which I might write another article).

On 2nd November, we have two back to back events happening around Setagaya. First is some school festival (think Seiransai) and the other one is Tokyo Ramen Show. Why the hell am I at a Ramen Show?? I cant even eat any of them (due to dietary concerns)! Well there's idols gracing the event thats why!



First event I believe is called Sancha Fest, held in this school venue. Based on the link, school name is "Nihon's University College of Risk Management". Man, thats a mouthful! Anyway, EVENT IS FREE! My friend MBTF as always, invited us to this event. A sign of good things to come, a Playballs member was in the same train as us, sat directly opposite. Of course, privacy matters no photos of her lolz.

Timetable as followed:

Playballs also shared the timings on their home page too > https://playballs.jp/schedule/live/6523/


Its quite a long walk from Setagaya train station, had some trouble finding the school. But found we did! Greeted by this banner with some hippos on it. Their mascot perhaps? There are rows of makeshift stalls manned by students, selling food and other trinkets. Its really like Seiransai!



Live already started, and we are halfway through Harp Star's set. We can take photos of the group while they perform! Actually to one song only. There's this Harp Star member that really looked like Natsupa's Momo-chan. Hmmmm, interesting. Upon some digging found out that they are the same agency as Larmoon.




Also witnessed Lily Of The Valley live. The members are very very young. I think their famous member is Saria since I heard alot shouting her name there. Also witnessed MBTF's favourite group Zenryoku R. There's a megane girl, maybe I should go for her.

Now comes the main event. PLAYBALLS! I was amazed that MBTF knows one of the songs and kept singing word by word. It was awesome to shout Tsugumi's name. Japanese guy beside me also was awesome, we swing together to Mr Green Light. Of course what is Playballs without the signature Diving Catch!

Buppan were held inside classroom and it was a chill affair. First time going to a Playballs buppan that is not crowded. Goodbye 3000Yen, I am seeing Tsugumi again.


We conversed in a mixture of English and Japanese. Seems she doesnt remember me when I first saw her in May. Oh well, just play along with her "Hajimemashite". Damn, Tsugumi is damn adorable!!!

I made up my mind to have cheki with the Momo-chan lookalike. Found out her name is Hinata. And also found out that if you are a first timer, you can take a FREE CHEKI! Of course free means I'll go to her~






Event over, and off we head to Tokyo Ramen Festival held in Komazawa Olympic Park. It was quite a long walk. Its a free event too, only catch if you want to be front of the stage, you need to purchase ramen and get a special ticket. MBTF was very thoughtful to get a ticket for me.




Idols here include ones I missed during Ultimate Halloween, especially Wyenra. Purpose here is to watch Ready To Kiss and Playballs! Oh, and Wyenra too. Additionally I can furicopy to Kirafore again lol.


In between acts, walked around with Jason to soak up in the atmosphere. Found interesting stuff like this army vehicle with kids stomping on it ala Shibuya Meltdown.


Its getting even more rowdy during Kirafore's set. Most didnt buy the Ramen ticket and hung outside around us. This is when I saw wotas reciting the Otsunoki MIX for 奇跡≒スターチューン . It was surreal and interesting to see them reciting it in unison. Bookmarked it as the next MIX to learn.

Amazingly I didnt take any cheki for Ramen Fest. Thought of taking one for Wyenra, but since I am going to Thailand next year to see them, it doesnt matter. During the event, we bumped into Daiya, a Chula wota and had a group shot near the stage.

Just like that the day ends and we head to some meat / yakitori joint in Akihabara. So freaking tired but I was truly satisfied. Besides, rather hear Diving Catch more than Inuneko. Alas, a tinge of sadness suddenly sets in. Because today marks the last time I see Playballs live since they will disband come February next year. Not likely I will go back Japan anytime soon too. No regrets.



Cheki get:
Tsugumi (Playballs)
Hinata (Harp Star)

No comments:

Post a Comment