Tuesday 29 December 2015

2015 - In Retrospective


In a few days, we will say goodbye to 2015. As the new year beckons, its imperative that I do a write-up about the experiences gained in 2015. This year has been great so far. Most of my idoru to-do list has been fulfilled albeit some "regrets" here and there. I'll list down the top few happenings that is worthy of mention. Here we go~~



1) Berryz Koubou Naruchika Live in Bangkok

Berryz Naruchika at MUSE Thonglo

Its no secret that Tsugunaga Momoko is one of the few idorus I've yet to meet. Imagine my surprise when they announced that Berryz Kobou do a Naruchika event in Thailand! This is one of those opportunities I couldnt afford to miss! Its my first as well as my last encounter with Berryz as they will go on a 'hiatus'. And there's a high five session after the event! Imagine my happiness able to high five with Momoko. Furthermore, my Thai friends helped secure tickets and I managed to be near the front. Certainly, one of the best moments for 2015. Article on my Berryz Naruchika experience here!



2) Meeting Vienolossi & JUMPIN/SUZUCA during TIF

Toyama Idoru group Vienolossi

Never would've I thought that these 2 idoru groups would be attending TIF! They are not as mainstream as the other attendees so them being invited was a pleasant surprise. Also I am able to save myself from travelling to the Toyama-Ishikawa area LOL.



Managed to watch their live performance and also meet them personally. Especially JUMPIN, they're truly surprised to see one from Singapore coming to meet them.

Ishikawa Idoru Group JUMPIN!




I am truly very very lucky to take a cheki photo with Vienolossi member Rizu Matsui. Because in October, she announced her graduation from the group. The memories from TIF lingers fresh as she remembered me during the Buppan event and even waved at me. Her cheki will be one of the most cherished so far. Though I can still see her in my instagram. When I first discovered Vienolossi, this person attracts my eye. Furthermore, she is a good dancer! For more about my TIF experience, visit here!

Rizu Matsui only cheki and signed stuffs. Gonna miss her lots



3) Niji No Conquistadors in 3 Different Countries!

NIJICON!

Ever since member Moe Tsurumi made an appearance during AFA Singapore 2014, there are lots that been keeping tabs on this idoru group. I have made prior plans to attend AFA Thailand and was surprised that they announced 5 members from that group attending. Well, it was good that I managed to watched them as member Hiyori and Nanami graduated some time later in the year.

AFATH 2015

Ex member Nanami

Ex member Hiyori and current member Nonoka


Next, I made it a point to attend their live in their home country. My agenda was to find Nemoto Nagi, my favourite member of the group. Went for their CD release event at Akiba Sofmap and splurged a hell lot on CDs. Inadvertently us Gaijins made them top for 1 day on Oricon chart lol. Well manage to meet Nemo-chan though she greeted "Kap Khun Kap" when told her I'm from Singapore (-_-") . Afterwards its Nijicon performance during TIF and I manage to meet Nemo-chan again for their "kakigori event" (ice cold mango flavoured kakigori served by Nemo! Though I dont like Mango)

First Nemo-chan Cheki!

I could've meet them again Japan during October's Moshi Moshi Nippon event (nailed free tickets) but I dont have enough leaves for it. Its a total bummer but all is not lost! Because AFA Singapore announced that 5 members from Nijicon will attend and it includes Nemo-chan! Awesomeness!  And they're performing on all 3 days and you can have CD sign / cheki opportunity! OK, I missed out on the 3rd day mainly because of a commitment. Cant miss out my best friend wedding for it (Sorry Nemo-chan) *For more about my encounter with Nijicon in AFA, read it here*

The recent Nijicon visit in AFA SG

Thus its 3 encounters with Nijicon in 3 different countries. Moe Tsurumi, Okumura Nonota and Karin Matoba sets the record for being the members I've met in all 3 countries.




4) Moshi Moshi Nippon in Singapore

Credits to Tanoshii World

One of the events that made people crazy on the CHEERZ app. When I saw nicamoq as one of the contestants for the Moshi Moshi Nippon event, I knew that if she wins, she will bring one person I've been wanting to meet: Ichigo Rinahamu! Yeap, that ex-BiS and ex-Akishibu Project girl. So rallying some of my friends on twitter and also FB, nicamoq won the contest by a landslide. I actually felt bad for the 2nd placed contestant.

Rinahamu and Nicamoq

Apart from BPM15Q, they invited artistes such as Tempura Kidz, Anna Yano, AmiAya, World Order, Hikari Shiina and capsule! capsule's concert was epic!

Together with Tempura Kidz

There been quite a number of memorable moments such as rinahamu singing nerve, I got dragged to do Lollipop with Tempura Kidz and also eating pizza together with rinahamu. I dare say Moshi Moshi Nippon is J-pop culture event done right although small.

Rinahamu with Pizza!

Rinahamu with wotas and pizza~~


5) Meeting Yuyu Arata again, TIF 2015 & AFA SG 2015!

Screengrab from their latest video

Ever since I got introduced to the CHEERZ app, been following some of the idols there. One of them being Yuyu Arata. Person got my attention as she was in the same group with Mashilo Suzukawa. I've first met with Yuyu during TIF when she is part of another idol group called DEEPGIRL. CHEERZ held another competition to bring an idoru group to AFA Singapore and Yuyu was one of the contestants. She won and it was a close fight with Reina Tasaki from notall.


Happy fan with Iketeru Hearts

I was surprised that Yuyu remembered me from TIF. Additionally I was one of the photographers for Tanoshii World, so manage to have a back stage encounter with her. She is truly a good natured person and natural leader. Very impressed with her performance and how she interacts with the audience too. Made the encounter very pleasant.


REGRETS OF 2015
Well a year can't always be perfect. There's some regrets here and there, most notably the following.
1) Missing out on Seno Sisters
2) Missing out on attending Rev.from DVL live in Vietnam
3) Bad planning!!

I cursed myself to not able to meet Seno Sisters! They're one of the idorus in my bucket list and I wondered why on earth I did not manage to attend their live. Garrrrh!!!! Their performances are epic, just take a look at their video here:



I cursed my luck of not being able to see Rev.from DVL. Couldn't go to Vietnam as it coincides with my reservist. In fact my reservist is the sole cause for having a very short summer trip this year too. Ah well, at least my friend nubu is there and I would try my best to share content that happens in Vietnam.

Sad I cant meet them in Vietnam

As for the bad planning part, thats mainly because I missed out alot of performances during TIF. Though its my 2nd time attending, still unable to go into their indoor stages. 2016 will be a different story for sure!

So there you have it. How 2015 has been kind to me, with majority of events reeking of awesomeness. Felt blessed especially for TIF where my other friends, wotas or otherwise, are able to attend and savour the atmosphere (thanks to the free tickets). Heres for the new year, and lets hope that it'll be as epic as this.




Summary of 2015 events attended. Events involving idorus highlighted pink

Ehime Fair
J-Life ITE Central
Shinkansen Exhibition
Berryz Naruchika Bangkok
CharaExpo
Lantis Festival
Moshi Moshi Nippon Singapore
Tokyo Idol Festival

Nijicon @ Akiba Sofmap
Anime Festival Asia Thailand
Thailand Comic Con
Bangkok Comic Con
ICDS
Annual Natsumatsuri Singapore
DBS Marina Regatta
EOY 2015
Anime Festival Asia Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment