Tuesday 11 August 2015

Tokyo Idol Festival 2015! Day 2

Here it is, Day 2 of TIF2015! Off to Odaiba again!!

Hello again Odaiba~~

Make a point to attend the performance that I've missed out. Eyeing the Smile Garden for the first half of the morning as Niji No Conquistadors will perform around 11AM. Someone dressed like Freddie Mercury appear on stage along with this guy, whom nubu said is an "air guitar" expert of sorts. Somewhat to prepare us for TIF performances, they want us to do some stretching and excercise. Thus the name of this segment "Stereo Excercise". Peculiarly they played this familiar song while we do stretching.






Yeap, they played The Offspring, What Happened to You! Afterwards some members from Up Up Girls, DLH, Tsuribit and Otome Shinto come on stage and rally us to some exercise. While stretching, sounds of Urya Oi and Hai replaces the oohs and ahhs.

Its performance proper now. Up next is Kobushi Factory! Ok, i didnt expect Hamachan to be that tall. Her facial features really doesnt suit the height, I was thinking of a cute petit girl. As a Hello! Project fan, this is a welcome edition to TIF. Last year was S/mileage (now called ANGERME) and they kinda follow the trend of having H!P group performing first for day 2.

Finally Niji No Conquistadores! And I got to see Emiri on stage. She was absent during greeting and Friday's CD release event. Heard she cant stand the heat well.

Afterwards, moved to the Hot Stage some distance away. To give you a gauge on how far each stages are, just take a look at this map.

Map layout of TIF2015
Hot Stage on the yonder
Hot Stage interior

As we approached the venue, HKT48 were in to their last song. As expected the song is Melon Juice. Me and nubu twirled our towels even though we're outside. As HKT48 finished up their set, that means hordes of AKB48 fans will leave the area. YAY!

lyrical school up next and this group I know how to cheer by heart. Heard their latest song WONDERGROUND live and it gives you that 80s retro vibe. I started to be fond with this group during last year TIF. Loved how they perform and get connected with the audience. Afterwards is the MsID 2015 segment. To be honest I found the whole segment disappointing even though Ladybaby was there and some gaijin cheered with some growls behind me.



However there's one part of the segment that almost made me cry. Its the tribute to Karin Maruyama. A mini video on screen accompanied by the MsID members singing her song. A little back story on this idol, she passed away earlier this year succumbing to cancer. Although stricken with that terminal illness, her spirit doesnt waver and she keeps on performing. All the way till cancer takes a toll on her body. What makes it very sad was that this day is her birthday. When they sang happy birthday, I tried to hold back my tears.



After that, went off to Navi Stage. I try to avoid going to this stage as previous year experience left me a sour taste. The previous wotas here are somewhat wild and quite rude. However, I just have to go here as Vienolossi will be performing. Went in while Mai Kotone was doing her set. You just have to be there, the wotas and cheering are electrifying! Vienolossi up next. Rizu saw me from afar and waved at me. OMG! She remembered!!! I'm glad to listen to their songs "Happy Time" and "Slow Motion" live!

As promised, went to the Festival Stage and watched Maria. They're kinda unique with the shades and backpack.



I've decided to enter the goods area again. Received news from twitter that purchase of lyrical school CD & DVD will allow me to have a 2-shot opportunity. But before that, went down to pick up my friend Nurul and accompany her exchanging the wristbands. Well, somehow me and Nurul spent a whole 2 hours around the venue. Its doesnt help that I actually fell asleep on the grass while waiting for her. Gosh! LOL!

You can check the location of the goods booth too

Well its an amazing for Nurul as she manage to see 3Bjunior in person and went all out to their booths. Not only that, manage to talk to this manager named kwkm. Her PREDIANNA 2-shot timing coincides with my lyrical school one so she has no choice to accompany me now :P

lyrical school 2-shot! Mei!!!
With Ayaka~

Also, I saw Seifuku Ojisan! He just appeared infront of me while I was watching Dorothy Little Happy perform nerve (Yes, nerve!). Didnt get a photo opportunity during his visit in Singapore and I cant let this opportunity slide.


My friends sniper and Mr Yu just arrived at the Festival Stage. They are on the way to see PASSPO at Smile Garden, thus tag along with them together with Nurul. Night time falls and lightsticks illuminate the venue. Nice sight indeed. Apart from the crazy moshing wotas around lol.

Walking towards the Smile Garden
And with PASSPO, marks the end of my TIF adventure. End the day with a group photo near the giant GUNDAM statue. Apart for the unforgiving summer weather, this event was good. This time I manage to clear stuffs that I need to do, mainly the 2-shots and watching the idols performs. The only regret was that I did not manage to go up Sky Stage nor the indoor stages at all. And missed out SenoSisters performance. Oh well, there will be another time.

Thank you TIF2015 for the fond memories!

Goodbye Gundam~~

Day 2 Recap


Watched
Kobushi Factory
Lovely Doll
Magical Dreaming
Niji No Conquistadores
lyrical school
Ms ID group of idols including LADYBABY
Mai Kotone
Vienolossi
WHY@DOLL
Maria
3BJunior
Dorothy Little Happy
9nine
PASSPO

Greeting area
lyrical school - 2-shot with Mei, Hina and Ayaka
Maria - cheki with lala

Awesome Level:
★★★★★stars 

(For both days, nothing beats soaking in the atmosphere albeit the weather. What makes it wonderful is that it was savoured with the company of friends. Love the company!)

No comments:

Post a Comment