Sunday 9 August 2015

Tokyo Idol Festival 2015! Day 1

Tokyo Idol Festival 2015 Starto!

I've been waiting for this day to come. Tokyo Idol Festival 2015 in Odaiba! This is my 2nd time attending TIF and this time I got a free pass for the event. Free pass is given to foreigners on a first come first serve basis. I'm thankful to snag one of the few passes. I guess TIF wanted to showcase this event globally too.

TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2015 (Day 1 STARTO!)

This time round, I have quite a number of my friends attending. Mainly because they nailed the free pass too. It wont be that lonely a trip hehe.

Crowd so many...

First we need to redemn the wristbands. One wristband for 2 days which means you cant take it out even you go to bed. Luckily our booth isnt that packed with people. The official queue has loads of people and even after we redemned the pass, the queue is still there.

Wristband get!


Day 1 - Get All Goods!!

Was informed that Niji No Conquistadores (http://pixiv-pro.com/2zicon/) will be the first group serving kakigori. Yeap! Kakigori served by idols. My favourite member Nemoto Nagi will be serving the Mango flavoured kakigori. Got the redemption ticket and since we got time, hang around the greeting area. I saw DEEPGIRLS booth! which means Stand-Up Hearts member Mashilo will be there! The only goods they have are photo opportunity. Since I've followed both Mashilo & Yuyu (coincidentally both are from Stand-Up Hearts), bought the photo opportunity set with them. Mashilo's queue is long! But its worth it since I followed and interacted with her on twitter.

Mashilo!! Finally meet you!

Afterwards, went out to to redemn a kakigori served by my Niji No Conquistadores idol, Nemoto Nagi! She remembered me from yesterday's CD release show (will do an article on that next time). Haha, my broken Japanese + english makes an amusing conversation.

The ticket to redemn kakigori

Kakigori served by Nemoto Nagi. 


As JUMPIN/SUZUCA are only attending this event for one day, went to watch them perform at the Festival Stage. The area is near the big GUNDAM statue infront of Diver City. I went in to buy a drink and got out to watch Alice in Alice & Splash! perform. Afterwards is JUMPIN! Below is a snippet of their performance in Ishikawa. I was very happy that I dont need make trip down to that prefecture to watch them perform.



Afterwards, went into the goods station again. Spent a good few hours there because of the conflicting schedules. Thats the plan, settle all the goods for Day 1. Besides, I got the free pass thus dont feel the hurt. In between going in & out of the goods booth saw performances around Hot Stage and Festival Stage (since they're the nearest). JUMPIN earlier announced a buppan event at their booth but didnt state the timing. Luckily I manage to go in the correct time. Well... quite disappointing since its just buying their CD and talk to them. However, I dare say this group has good potential.

Akishibu Project, that group that unfortunately got showcased on VICE, had a handshake session. Was told that I dont need to buy goods to have a handshake ticket. OMG! thats great! Well, due to VICE biased portrayal of idol culture, it somehow promoted this unknown group to the masses. They are great and very friendly. Next time would try check out their performance in Akiba Twinbox.

Akishibu Project fan. Rinahamu would be so proud.


The sweltering heat is too much! I spent alot of time inside Diver City too. Also running on errands for people, need to snag some goods at the booth. One is an Afilia Saga fan and he asked me to buy some chekis from the booth. As a result, I received tickets to do a 2-shot and a handshake with one of the members. Hehehe, this is a good opportunity to take a photo with....

KOHIME! Shes soo cute! and short. I followed her through twitter and she was excited to know I came from Singapore just to see her!

Kohime so cuteeee

Some of the Afilia Saga chekis


Same as last year, did a handshake with Lovendor. Tanaka Reina is lovely as always. Apparently the rest didnt recognise me. Only Tanaka Reina. Hehehe, doesnt matter as long my oshi remembers me. I saw my Singaporean friend queuing at Yuu Kikkawa booth. She has a cheki session too! However beside it, I saw quite a sad booth. Idol group Maria has a booth but it seems noone is queueing. Upon urging from my friend, I buy their CD and have a cheki session there. Looks like I have to come down and have a look at their performance tommorrow.

Another highlight of Day 1 is visiting Vienolossi's booth. I've been following these Toyama-based idol group since last year. I truly didnt expect they would be invited for TIF and I was fond of their performances. It seems if I found a group to have such great potential, they would somehow appear on TIF. Took a cheki with my favourite member Rizu! And Toyama people are such nice chaps.

Rizu! Yeay!



Finally! Settled everything at the greeting area. I need to do some catching up come tommorrow, watch all the other performances at the different stages. Met up with my Malaysian wotas and we saw POP perform Plastic 2 Mercy. The crowd was really boisterious. Whoa! Afterwards we head to the Smile Garden where we watched GEM and others.

At the end of the trip, I went to the toilet in Venus Fort (reason being the toilets in Diver City are packed). While heading back to Smile Garden, an idol waved and called out to us. It was Maria! They remembered us and thank us alot for visiting their booth. OK, that settles it, tommorrow will watch their performance set.

And that ends Day 1 of TIF. It was tiring I tell you. Day 2 update will be up next~~

Day 1 Recap


Watched
Alice in Alice
Splash
JUMPIN/SUZUCA
Akishibu Project
TPD Dash
SUPERGIRLS
POP
GEM
... and I really forgot the others. Too hot to remember -_-

Greeting Area
Akishibu Project - Handshake
Lovendor - Handshake
Maria - 2 shot
JUMPIN/SUZUCA - Greeting
Nijicon - Greeting
Afilia Saga - Handshake / 2-shot with Kohime
DEEPGIRL - 2-shot with Mashilo & Yuyu
Vienolossi - Cheki with Rizu



No comments:

Post a Comment