Thursday 2 April 2015

Lantis Festival Singapore 2015


On 28th March, I have the chance to attend Lantis Festival 2015. Its an anisong (anime songs) themed concert. Initially did not want to go. However, since I was handed complimentary tickets, I figured why not. Besides my last anisong event was AFA2010? It was THAT long! This event was held at Star Vista Theatre.

Goods booth

On a serious note, March has been a sombre period. Our country's first Prime Minister passed away earlier that week. A week of mourning was observed thus promotion of this event was not as fierce as with previous J-Music events. Thus its only fitting that a minute of silence was observed before the start of event. Truly everyone was united in paying their due respects.

1st Act: Choucho

Event starts off with Choucho performing! Alright I'm going to be brutally honest here. Apart from JAM Project and Azusa Tadokoro, I am clueless as to who the other performers are. Try my best to describe the performance one by one in my own honest way.

Choucho is cute! She did a cover of Muse. No surprises that cover song was Snow Halation, a song which almost everyone would know. I too used to the normal idoru wotagei-ing thus I just observed how fans in the front did their cheer. Thought I really cant help it inserting a mix or two.

2nd Act: Azusa Tadokoro

Next up is Azusa Tadokoro. I saw her once during Anime Festival Asia last year. She was with Ohashi Ayaka then. (My inner me wants to see Hasshi perform too!) Though i find her equally as cute as Choucho, I just cant find the connection to her songs. Truly I am out of touch with the current anime and their anisongs. Well all that changed when she sings Lost My Music. Ah! A song which I know during my National Service days. Dang I feel old!

3rd Act: Kensho Ono

During this time, cheers were deafening! The female fans went escstatic when he was announced. He did a number on Kuroko no Basuke songs. He has the certain energy about him, very engaging in his performances.

4th Act: Kenichi Suzumura

And the girls went wild! I even see a female fan getting high throughout his whole performance. First time I see a lady do a "wolverine" with her lightsticks!

5th Act: Megumi Ogata

I thought I'll be stuck listen to anime songs of the current gen. All that changed when this person appeared on stage. Music starts and a sea of orange light sticks appear. She sings the first verse. OMG, its Cruel Angel Thesis! An Evangelion song! She has that powerful vocals and was mesmerized with her delivery. Next up was equally legendary. Moonlight Densetsu! The Sailormoon theme song! This time she collaborated with Azusa Tadokoro. Truly it was a spectacle to be seen.

INTERMISSION
A 15 minute intermission before we start the second half of the concert. This means a trip to the toilet!

6th Act: OLDCODEX

Next up is a group performance. A group of rockers named OLDCODEX went up on stage. Whats interesting about this group is that one member will sing and the other, paint something on his canvas. I kinda chuckled because it seems more of an art class than a musical performance. However this group are no slouches, they did deliver some heavy rock music to the audience. Can't help to headbang throughout some of the songs.

Taken from lantis FB so you can see their drawing


7th Act: Minori Chihara

Another female singer comes up on stage. And when she speaks, kyaaa! so cute! No wonder my group of friends just "fell in love" with her. Again she sings songs which I cant recognise at all. But that doesnt deter me to sway along to her music.


8th Act: JAM Project

The 8th and final act is none other than JAM Project! I know abit about this group. They went down during AFA 2009 and entertained with their hard hitting numbers. As always, their energy in performing as a group was astounding. Additionally, each member sang a different anime theme song too. Especially Hiroshi Kitadani. No surprises that he sang We Are, the first theme song of One Piece! Heck even I can sing along to it. And there was this song which they go "Motto! Motto!" Well that song gave me an earworm.


Encore

After JAM Project end their numbers, the audiences shout for an encore. All performers comes out on stage after encore shouts reverberated the stage. It was then that they perform Lantis Festival theme song: "Starting STYLE". The voices were in harmony and it was a fitting end to their concert.



Overall, their concert was good. Though I believe if you are an avid follower of anisongs, they can relate to this concert more. Each singers has their own style and the acts were kept fresh throughout the concert. And this concert shows a part of me that I have a hard time accepting: I FEEL OLD! GAHHHH!


Awesome Level:
★★★☆☆stars 
(Full Stars if I know their other anisongs. Good if you're an anisong lover)

SETLIST
Choucho
DreamRiser
優しさの理由
Snow halation
starlog
Azusa Tadokoro
Hello My Revolution
Lost my music
DREAM LINE
Kensho Ono
TOUCH
NEEDLESS TO SAY
フューチャーライン
FANTASTIC TUNE
Kenichi Suzumura
INTENTION
あすなろ
シロイカラス
SHIPS
あいうえおんがく
Megumi Ogata
残酷な天使のテーゼ
ムーンライト伝説(feat. Azusa Tadokoro)
再生-Rebuild-
出航-departure-
Intermission
OLDCODEX
WALK
Dried Up Youthful Fame
Seek Your Turn
Landscape
Rage On
fool K
Minori Chihara
純白サンクチュアリィ
TERMINATED
輪舞-Revolution-(feat. Masami Okui)
境界の彼方
雪、無音、窓辺にて
Paradise Lost
JAM Project
GONG
Vanguard
牙狼〜SAVIOR IN THE DARK〜
勇者王誕生!(Masaaki Endo solo)
PREDESTINATION(Masami Okui solo)
PLANET DANCE(Yoshiki Fukuyama solo)
ウィーアー!(Hiroshi Kitadani solo)
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA(Hironobu Kageyama solo)
VICTORY
レスキューファイアー
SKILL
Encore
ALL Artists
Starting STYLE!




No comments:

Post a Comment