Friday 5 January 2024

Project Nakitty Closure: Thank You!

Hi everyone.

As of today, I will be closing the Project Nakitty blog completely.

It is time to call it quits. I did contemplate closure in a previous article and looks like its time. This is the last article. 

I mean, Wow! Its been what? 8 years since I first started this blog? Though I start covering events via my Facebook page since 2011.

The blog will still exist for anyone to refer old past posts. But this is it. No more new posts. I just cant find myself to update more content, consistently at that, here. 

Events I attended have had created loads of wonderful memories. Cosplayers, performers, emcees, idols, meidos, wotas, the likes. Some beautiful. Some ugly. Some amazing. Some "unique". Some had become amazing friends and comrades too. Had wonderful collaborations, let it be doing videos for Natsuiro Party, attending events by PPMC (now Tokimeki Jump) to writing articles for XDantheManX, just to name a few. It has been an experience! Nothing can take away those priceless moments and memories.

However after attending the last event, I have found myself jaded and lost. Too many new faces. Too many of the old guards have left attending completely. Too many things I am completely out of touch. Suddenly a part of me just died. Additionally, there are lots of things done and seen in events that constantly left me dissatisfied. Some has been baffling on how they run the stuff on the ground. In short, I cant bring myself to attend nor support more ACG centric events here. Yeap, to both Japanese and Western ACGs. People would disagree, but I just cant find anything special nor magical in attending them here anymore. No attend = No activity = No articles to write.

"You say that, but will I still see you in events still??"

That depends, especially if its ACG. Maybe if they have an SPF booth distributing freebies, I would consider? I jest, it depends on their content and its type. Even including wrestling and idols has already made me break a heavy disappointing sigh, it has to be a very very big top notch draw to entice me.

Even for overseas that provide a more premier content, amazing hospitality and camaraderie among like minded people, the environment has been constantly changing. Most of the idols and groups that I supported have graduated or disbanded. The age gap is getting wider and wider. It kinda felt awkward for me too. Unable to muster the same amount of energy or enthusiasm, like I did years past, where we actually grew up together with the idol during her years of performing. An example, for February's Ready To Kiss lineup, Hiromin will be the last old member that I support before she graduate later. The new lineup will be totally alien to me. As much as I know the songs, I cant see being close to the members. Slowly but surely, like how a black hole dies due to Hawkings Radiation, I will finally stop the fandom completely.

Besides I am not a Thai/Taiwan/Indo papa to fly overseas every weekend for events. 

Of course, if I want a quick reprieve or break, more likely to be attending events overseas. However, I dont think I will be updating my blog about it. Last year's Japan trip was evidence. Didnt post any although I was there twice. I'd like to take my own photos for blogs as it can tell a thousands words. Else a blog will be a boring essay. Either I was too busy or too engrossed, no photos to tell a story. 

Additionally blogging is a chore when events you attended dont give you the feels.

Besides bulk of the activity done in events are just to meet friends, but that itself I can meet them elsewhere for the same activity.

Brutally honest, it really takes alot to kill off my interest completely. Just say that it finally did.

I guess that last event has made rethink my purpose of attending and my priorities. The charm of events here is gone, well for me. People will say its a knee-jerk reaction, but really I have been contemplating this closure for quite some time. It could've been a future convention, regardless it doesnt matter, closing it did. My heart tells me to stop, tells me theres nothing else to prove. Time to give it a rest.

Even if ACG here put in stunts like including wrestling (another fandom I'm interested in) I probably wont go. Sure, nothing is perfect and bad things do happen. Those are solely from my POV and my experiences. It becomes an accumulative factor to push me away. I wont stop anyone from participating if they love it dearly.

With these reasons above, the likelihood of attending AGC event locally here is very very low. Again, i reiterate no events = no articles.

Also I dont have a team anymore and been doing things solo. That itself has been a burden.

How about my youtube channel and facebook page?

Had plans to concurrently close my youtube account too, but have a milestone to meet. Initially I set out to stop after 500 videos there, but shall cut it down to 250. Thus my youtube will still be ongoing for the time being. Perhaps will be solo videos or videos of other stuff non ACG event related. Once milestone is met, uploads will cease but videos will stay for people to refer to.

To be honest, I like to do these kind of videos below.


The facebook page will be active till after Japan Expo Thailand where either I transfer ownership to another person and adopt another name or just cease to update anymore. There are kinda 3 "part timers" who posts stuff but it will be the first to shut down followed by my youtube channel.

Lastly,

I just want to say thanks to the people who do read my blog and supported me.



Journey Through Memory Lane:


The very first event attended for the blog: Ehime Fair all the way in Jurong!


Shinkansen Exhibition with Masumi Toyooka

Fujimoto-san was always the friendly reporter whom we always tag along. Would help with translations too.


Fan at the Berryz Naruchika event, my first and last Berryz Kobou concert


Covered NJPW as media during CharaExpo

Shinsuke Nakamura before jumping to WWE


The late Takamasa Sakurai


Nemoto Nagi! Now ex-Nijicon member and my favourite

Pizza with Rinahamu. Ahem, I bought the pizza!

Fated first encounter with Yue Miyatani, my oshi.

Maidreamin's outlet final days at the Ekkamai

My fave meido Chise together with Umaru. I came down Thailand just for maidreamin for my birthday.

First trip to Taiwan to see Tokyo Girls Style

Natsuiro Party debut year!

TIF with the wotas from our region

Nonota noticed me! During Thai event.

When AFA was awesome. TPD members doing Domobics!

Uehara Ayuko during Japan Expo


Moso Calibration Mahiru during AFA

Mr Kiasu's Johnny Lau signed this book

Rio Hiiragi during STGCC

Lilia during EOY days in Marina Barrage. I am sorry I didnt take cheki with you Lilia for last event

Boisterious crowd in Japan Expo Thailand!

Offkai with Nanaland's Haruppi in Malaysia

Attended a Ready to Kiss concert. Never regretted it!


Ex-SuperGirls Nana Asakawa in Singapore

Rare photo with Nana!


Joshi wrestler Mizuki mispelling my name with Indi Hartwell behind

End of an era: My oshi's graduation

Natsuiro Party members for the final time


Helped ex- natsupa member MoMo win a bear

COVID strikes. Can only afford to do online signs with idols

Wished I can rewind back time and attend another event


Ice first performance in Singapore


Rare visit of an actual idol group to Singapore: KissBee



Thats it. The blog is officially closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment