Thursday 31 December 2020

2020: What A Year Indeed...


In a nutshell: 2020 is a terrible year. for events. Both idorus and the likes.

The only idoru event attended was Japan Expo Thailand. And no chance to attend next year's Japan Expo Thailand too. Besides Japan idorus might not appear, unless countries adopt the travel bubble. But seeing how bad Japan cases are, it wont be so soon.

In fact, we're greeted with this latest news.


Bummer that Wyenra live in Thailand was cancelled. Supposed to be my last ensei. No chance to see Hikari again. Except on twitter, where I noticed she's getting healthier.



No local events too.

Everything is virtual. From Japan Expo to AFA, no live events that one can attend in person. Whet your idoru appetite via live streams. Resort to online cheki sessions, which I somehow attended end year. Applied cheki sessions via limista, only ones taken were 7land.


Also applied for =LOVE sign session which Dan The Man helped out. The top 3 of Naatan, Iorin and Mirinya were sold out. Resorted in getting Morohashi Sana, Saito Kiara and  =ME Suzuki Hitomi instead.


Am disappointed got noone to outright help me ship stuff from Japan. Have to be resourceful getting helping from others to tompang goods. Sorry Dan The Man, for abusing your tenso forwarding service.


And thanks to my Thai comrade for nailing this!


Mint from Sweat16 graduated and she has a mini photobook! Though unfortunately a week after receiving this, she announced a book signing which unfortunately my Thai comrade is unable to attend.

On the idoru aspect am extremely thankfully to 2 people. Namely Malaysian bro Jeseng, who been egging me to go J Expo. And to go all out without regrets. Usually I will be apprehensive approaching some idols due to the "hajimemashite" factor. Glad I did, else I wont be able to see em again. Who knows? They might grad. Actually some did like 7land's Yukine and COVERGIRLS Bandou. In fact a number are undergoing a transitional period of sorts. COVERGIRLS almost everyone left the group and Kirafore were left in disarray.

Another person is the "one who shan't be named" who've been jio-ing for makan sessions and that hotel lobby chit chat sessions. Sure, nonsense gossips and all, but it does keep me sane in an otherwise crazy and depressing year.

It seems anyone who were announced for Siamdol's idol talk will graduate. However some are like the phoenix. From ashes arise as member of another idoru group. Most notably Kisumin. In fact, the 01Family agency has been churning out idols that you wnat to see!


I ended up winning Asakura Umi's item on CHEERZ. They actually put the wrong photo for her cheerz item, thus the delay in delivery. I wondered how come Umi has started being hardworking in doing her signs. Alas, I was wrong LOL.



True to my word, I am diverging to Retro Games! Overspend on loads of loot. Used this forwarding service called Sendico. Hassle free and they packed your items nicely. But the service fees per item is very heavy... However I bought alot of these games just so I can repair them.




Expect next year to be an almost carbon copy of 2020. I felt gutted and disappointed that I can't attend Wyenra. The one live that mattered. Oh well, review and reset my targets. I did have a meetup with Frei and he'd love to attend one last AtJam again. Maybe, we can go. When everything reverts back to normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment