Sunday 16 June 2019

24 May 2019: Yue Miyatani Graduation & End of A Journey


24th May 2019. That dreaded day is here. Yue Miyatani's and Kera Hinako's graduation from Akishibu Project. The idol I most adored and respected. This will be her last performance as member of Akishibu Project and will not be involved in entertainment anymore.

How did she Yuechi ended up as my favourite. Lets take a walk down memory lane together~

Where did it start? It was YouTube. VICE introduced this group when they did a feature on "Schoolgirl Culture". In fact Yuechi is in the thumbnail of that said video. As an idol fan, we blasted that video's biased portrayal of idol culture, though somewhat some aspect of it is kindaaa true. At the same time, was very intrigued and curious about this group. Naturally did a search immediately. First song that I found: Manatsu no Serenade.



Song is very catchy, still not into the group yet. That is until TIF 2015.

TIF2015




To be honest, I didnt watched the group at all. My priority then was Suzukawa Mashiro, Vienolossi and JUMPIN (one of the reasons why in my Precious Cheki post, Vienolossi was placed higher.) I heard a familiar tune from the Festival Stage. Eh, its Manatsu no Serenade!

Bumped into wota Knicc at the buppan area and AKSB was having a free handshake session. Upon the invitation and urging from Knicc, I relented. Uhhh, OK, shook hands with everyone. Shook hands with Yuechi too, I just smiled paying no attention, honestly felt so lost. I mumbled the standard "Haro, Shingapooru kara kimashita" to each and every member. In fact I forgot what she replied! Little did I realise it be the precedent of more things to come. No cheki with them, but I did get their free uchiwas (fans)



Afterwards, AKSB was announced for some event in the Philippines. By then, I was already digging into some of their videos, memorizing the member's names and looking into their history. Mainly to avoid get myself embarassed if decided on going. It was a resurgence of "idoru love" of sorts where I would try attend as many idol lives as possible. In the end.... Nah, give it a miss. Dont have the funds nor the work leaves. I need to decide on a favourite member though. It was either Ami Iseki or Yue Miyatani. Ah! A video resurfaced where Yuechi did a cover of Hatsukoi Cider. Alright, decided on her.

Furthermore that year, Japan Festa Bangkok 2015 was cancelled due to a bombing tragedy. Travel advisories "advising" us to avoid Thailand and they reimbursed my flight tickets. To make it up, Japan Expo Thailand was moved to early next year. One of the guests? Akishibu Project! Alright! Another chance!

Japan Expo Thailand 2016

Outside buppan Japan Expo Thailand 2016

Watched the group and soaking up the atmosphere together with the local wotas (Knicc and friends inclusive) and RESTART started playing. The thing about this song, they would twirl towels and sometimes might throw it into the crowd. And threw they did! Did the highest jump I can muster and grabbed a towel. Ahhh, it was from Mirinya. Someone wanted hers so exchanged it for Mii-chan. Found out who held Yuechi's towel, coincidentally it was in possession of Knicc, same person who introduced me to the group... lolz. Swapped and he gave away Mii-chan's to another wota.


The experience and interaction I had with her was priceless. Guess its by fate, got hold of Yuechi's towel. If that didnt happen, perhaps she will be "one of the many idols I only meet and say hi". First words uttered to her were "You are my favourite member!" lol. She gave a intense stare and later agreed when showed her the towel. From buying the wrong CD that didnt feature her to being lifted during her part, the feeling was embarassing. By now, all the members knew she is my favourite. Even Yuunarin and Abuchan joked when I approached them "Eh, you that Yuechi fan, I am not Yuechi!". Ughhh. This event, I just got 1 cheki of her as organizers screwed up the buppan location.

AKSB loots

She did make a very very good impression during Japan Expo. Squealed in excitement whenever we passed by. Personally gave me her signed CD and shoved alot of "music download cards" too. I dont know, just felt a different kind of energy when seeing her. Has that mesmerizing attraction. Shes seems very dainty among her other members.

Tbh, she gave me more than 3. Gave them away.

I believe it contains their latest music and an MV.

What makes it even sweeter, I received lots of twitter notifications at end trip. And its not those randomly tagged nor having her name / group mentioned. As long the tweet has her photo or AKSB, no matter how many days old it is, she made an effort to scrutinize and like these related tweets. She even replied! I doubt twitter's bot are that strong that even a blurry photo and few pixels worth of AKSB could be detected. (I.. hope so..)

Posed together with the towel!

Japan Expo Thailand 2016

2016 - 2017:

Met AKSB a few more times. Met at major idol lives (i.e. TIF / AtJam), overseas ensei and CD Releases. Though sadly unable to attend a proper One Man Live due to work commitments. Unable to attend a seitansai as she usally announce her birthday live quite late too. Did the next best thing by doing a birthday tweet.

And it invites lotsa stares....


Had encounters out of live including a silly one during a TGU livestream too.



Through the years, AKSB would undergo lineup changes. Mirinya, (joined =LOVE afterwards), Abuchan, Narinchan and Saorin graduated and joined by new members Honii, Yuringo, Ruka and Mizuki. The roster will fluctuate from 7 to 10 and to 7 back again. Around March 2017, Yuechi changed her hairstyle to the now signature blonde. First saw herwith this hairstyle during Taiwan ensei, this time with the recently debuted 2nd generation members. **Side note: Honii is cute!** But sorry, Yuechi is my oshi.

Taken during Japan Expo Thailand 2017

Yuechi saw us!

"Ah lian" haired Yuechi. From Marquee twitter

Commented she styled her hair based on Berryz Koubo Sugaya Risako, no surprises as she followed Hello! Project groups too. You should see the look on her face. Super excited~

Taken during Idolidge @ Taiwan
The thing about these trips, she would call me by my name. We dont see each other often, I was quite surprised. Only a few idols I know would do that. Whats more, she remembered finer details and would make a conversation. For example, I loved Morning Musume and Hello! Project too, she would chide about some member's impending graduation or just Hello Pro in general. These types of interactions are what makes the experiences truly worth it. Respect!

Japan Expo 2018

Mixed feelings for this. As I sensed something different about her. Maybe she really wants to keep a professional front as group just did a major debut, our interaction wasnt as lively. Still was glad. However things happened, both personal and work-related, 2018 was the year I didnt go to Japan at all, so there was a long period of absence without seeing AKSB. Only interactions are through twitter likes and replies. Call it a gut feeling, somehow I felt something major is going to happen soon.

3 years of Yuechi Japan Expo Chekis


2019 - The Final Year

January 2019. Yuechi announced graduation together with Kera Hinako. Ironically, announcement was during her one man live which was happening concurrently with Japan Expo Thailand, the very same event that I met her. I remember watching Natsuiro Party and was informed of the sad news afterwards. Braced myself for the official graduation date. Its set at 24th May 2019. Prior to that Honii and all the 2nd generation members had announced graduation, and its set in March. Sigh, no chance to see Honii. To avoid the regret of not seeing Yuechi again, immediately booked my leaves for that date.

The last known like from Yuechi. I figure its twitterbot.
All known cheki I had with her. She likes horizontal chekis, perhaps follow H!P style


Yue Miyatani And Kera Hinako's Graduation

Finally! My first experience of a proper AKSB one-man. Sadly it has to be a graduation event. Got a fellow nail a ticket for the event (if you are reading this, a very big THANK YOU!). And its a S Ticket!



They have different tiers for the tickets. S Ticket are priority entry tickets and you have a cheki and a commemorative T-Shirt included. Merchandise also include "gachas" and other goods. As this is a graduation event, you are entitled to only 1 cheki ticket for each graduated member. Opt for Yuechi's ticket as I am afraid I wont have time for Hinahi knowing massive a graduation live is. I did try the gacha and was disappointed that I got a random cheki prize instead of 2-shot.


Most important piece of paper!

Setlist was good. What was surprising that previous graduated members from the first 2 generations attended. Bigger surprise was when they announce Rinahamu to be part of the show!



For the uninitiated, Rinahamu was the founder and former member/producer of AKSB. Imagine my surprise (and downright happiness) when everyone was up on stage. The feeling was surreal. The same people that I saw face-to-face and then graduated, came back again to perform. It was very very fitting for a graduation concert.

All gen on stage. from Akishibu Project twitter.

All old gens on stage! from Akishibu Project twitter

In between sets, there would be solos from Yuechi and Hinahi/Yuechi duo and classic songs like Dream in The Sea, Creaction and Manatsu No Serenade. Sadly no Candid Love.

from @aksb_miyatani twitter

from @aksb_miyatani twitter

from @aksb_miyatani twitter

The part where they played Kiraida, we would see montages of them performing from the early days till now. I myself was trying to hold back tears. Because it reminded me of my own meetings with AKSB. From Japan Expo to TIF to AtJam. From Thailand to Taiwan to Japan, memories comes flooding back. In fact while writing this, I myself trying to fight back tears. And both Yuechi and Hinahi contributed to the lyrics.



Yuechi and Hinahi read notes about their experiences as ASKB members and giving their thanks to everyone. Encore performances ended with new world. This is it, the final time I can shout Yuechi's name. And of course their own gachikoi. Just like that, graduation ends and we witnessed Yuechi's and Hinahi's last message on screen.

A teary farewell. from @aksb_miyatani twitter




Event over and headed to the final cheki session with her. Perhaps she was too overwhelmed, she cant mutter my name. I knows she remembers me because she mentioned about my country and was glad to see me again. Told her congratulations and all the best. Trying to look all cool but honestly sad inside. Wished time would just stop, but anyhow, the session was brief. We both smiled as we parted ways. And never looked back at MyNavi Blitz.

Final Cheki

Now Yuechi has stopped tweeting. Her instagram has stop posting too, albeit the occassional twitter live feed which are like few seconds long. She stated that she is leaving the entertainment industry for good. We respect her wishes. We just want all the best for her future endeavours.



She wont be able to read this, but if she does, just want her to know how amazingly special she is. If there's a regret, it would be me not giving her a gift or a letter to pen out my heartfelt feelings. I guess its for the best, now she has moved on, let us do it too.


THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF THE JOURNEY
 ALL THE BEST YUECHI!


No comments:

Post a Comment