Friday 20 February 2015

(1 Feb - 4 Feb 2015) Bangkok Trip!!

As mentioned in my previous post, I went to Bangkok for a few days. Main highlight was attending the Berryz concert. The other days is mostly spent mingling with friends and trying out new places.

As my leaves are hard to come by and I have to settle on a 3 days trip. Flew off on Sunday 1st Feb.



Day 1: Landing and Maid Cafe
Although I visited Thailand quite a number of times, I didnt expect the immigration queue that day to be very very long. Well, its gonna be a test of patience again as I have to queue for a SIM card and the taxi. Bought some snacks and surprisingly, I was taken aback that Thailand has a Family Mart and it sells onigiri. It brings me back memories of Japan.

This onigiri tastes good too!
My accomodation is the Lodge 61 B&B, located in Sukhumvit area. Its very close by Ekamai BTS train station and the Gateway Ekamai shopping centre. Also, if i wanted to, I could walk to the Berryz concert venue. Though its 1KM + for distance.

Bed is all mine!!!
 
Finally I have the whole bed to myself! First order of the day is to visit my friend Kwanny at the Maidreamin maid cafe.

Gateway Ekamai Shopping Centre. The place you can find "dreamland"

This maid cafe is located in Gateway Ekamai. Service is what you expected from a typical "meido kissa". You have the standard "Ojousama" "Goshujinsama" greeting. You have the meidos serving food and do "power-up". And also live performances by them (though performances depends from maid cafes to maid cafes). My friend is incidentally one of the Hello Project Mobekisuju page admins (link here!) and she was the one who helped out with the Berryz tickets. Discussed about all things "Hello Project"and also Nanaho. Who's Nanaho? Well she is one of the meidos working there. At first, I was disheartened as she was not around. However, she did came! Somehow she's on for the evening shift. Thank goodness for extending stay till evening. Kyaaaa, Nanaho is so cute!!

One and only: Nanaho!

Ritsu, another one of the meidos

I was in for a surprise too as Kwanny ordered a live performance. I got meidos Nanaho and Chise performing Warukii. OMG, its hard to explain it here but Warukii performance is something that needs to be experienced live. Yeap, go order Warukii if your favourite Meido is there. We spam alot of live performance requests, time pass very quickly. And the day ends like that.

I finally conquered eating tamago without it breaking!

Some pudding + ice cream combo



Day 2: Visit to Dreamworld





I am a roller coaster buff and was excited to know that Thailand does have its own theme park. Its called Dreamworld. So day 2 was decided, off to Dreamworld!

Now the part of getting there. Did some research and theres 2 ways. One is via Taxi. Another is by bus. I wanted to save money (no thanks to my Maidreamin splurge) and wanted to experience something new. So off to the bus interchange located next to Victory Monument BTS station.

The locals are a helpful lot, wrote the bus number and also my destination in Thai. Although the bus stops do have the service number written on them, its best to move around. Because these buses might stop some distances away and even at the wrong stop number. And they wont wait for you very long. Was told to take service no. 538. It was quite an experience, taking the bus and it just casually goes to the pump station for gas. Imagine our own SBS buses doing that. Around 1+hr into the journey, conductor called out that I've reached my destination. Aww, such nice locals.


Well, the bus stop and the park entrance was quite a distance. So I tried out another mode of transportation: the motorobike! For a fee of around 30 baht, you pillion ride the bike without a helmet on. Ughhh, quite scary and they just love to speed and weave in and out dangerously.

These riders will have a vest so you know you can hitch a ride with them.

And now for the theme park! Highly recommended that you take the cable car so that you can see the overall layout of the park. This park is segregrated into mainly 2 zones. You have the garden area near the entrance. Then the lake where you can chill and take their water boats rides. And lastly the amusement area, where the thrill rides are located.


I was disappointed with the roller coaster. Didnt feel the kick and its actually painful. Everytime it drops and turn around the corners, the seat will jerk. Ouch! The other thrill rides are standard fare. Just see the photos below.

Entrance ticket. Costs around 400-500baht for all rides

I never want to take this 4D movie thingy ever again! I'm... scared

View while on cable car

Roller coaster

Another shot

Tornado ride

Good ol' classic Viking Ship

I thought MvC3 is only on consoles....

Hurricane ride
The room is actually freaking cold! Dont get frostbite!

Snow city attraction

It seems they cram almost anything into this theme park. They have a snow house, haunted mansion, some 4D movie attraction. They even have Marvel VS Capcom 3 arcade game! And theres a whole assortment of characters in the theme park. You got Mr Bean, Speedy Gonzales, Xenomorphs, etc.

Supposed to be Arnold. I think.

KYOJIN!

Mr Bean??

Speedy Gonzales. Confirmed.

Mr Caterpillar
Personally, this place is good to bring your family along. There are loads of kids friendly games scattered all over. And the place is quite scenic too. Recommended to try at least once.

Knowing how notorious Thai traffic can be, I scoot off at around 2.30PM. And I felt lazy to walk that far again and I dont think I can find the bus stop easily. Took the taxi, and it costs 400 baht inclusive of the toll... groan...

Bye Bye Dreamworld~~

As I have time to kill, visited the Terminal 21 Mall. Wonders what's the big deal because its just a normal mall designed to be like an airport. Still, its quite creative of them to name each level after travel destinations. And each floor caters to specific trend, i.e. Tokyo level has Harajuku fashion themed shops and japanese goods. The Paris level amazingly doesnt cater to fashion but bikes. I'm guessing its all because of Tour De France.

I'm hungry and settled on dining in Manhattan Fish Market.

Too much ice.....

Kwanny recommends that I visit their cat cafe too. Another helmet-less bike ride and I reached Ozono plaza. To my dismay, CAT CAFE CLOSED FOR THE DAY! Sighhh. Will visit them next time...
Nuooooo! Closed!

Them sleepy cats
I made another stop at Gateway Ekamai again and stock up on food. This canned tuna which I bought, dang taste so heavenly! I actually bought some to bring home.

Hands down, best tuna. Sorry Ayam brand.
As mentioned, day 3 was spent on attending the Berryz Koubou Naruchika event. You can read the article here. Day 4 is uneventful too as thats the day I'm departing from Bangkok. Well I raided the Family Mart again on day 2, cant pass on their delicious onigiri~









No comments:

Post a Comment