Sunday 26 February 2017

Japan Expo Thailand 2017

Its been 2 weeks since I've attended the euphoria that is Japan Expo Thailand! An annual event held in Bangkok promoting the friendly ties between Thailand and Japan, it doesnt hold back in delivering top notch content for everyone. Essentially its an event to showcase whats Japan has to offer. Let it be from food to travel to tradition, this event has it all.

Japan Expo back again for its 2017 edition~


On the pop-culture aspect, they have idols coming over! This year's event is special because the sheer number of groups they've invited. Just take a look at the poster below!

And some are not on poster too!

Lineup for Crazy Kawaii and Girls Bomb segment

My main focus for this event is down to one group: Akishibu Project! After witnessing their impressive performance last year, this group is a must-see for me. Moreover the group has one particular member which carved a deep lasting impression. (Perhaps next article will dedicate one to this person) Thus if schedule for groups clashed, AKSB will take priority.


Day 1: Getting Battle Ready!


Day 1 starts with an impromptu breakfast in MOS Burger. This event has such drawing power that I had Tokimeki Jump's Suzume joining in for breakfast. I made my own schedule, first stage to attend is the indoor Arts Culture stage.

Excel sheet featuring groups performing for the day


As experienced last year, expected delays. Didnt know that their sponsor video is that long! Dont believe me, take a look here:



First group to go on stage is Cojirase The Trip, a group consisting of NND talents. I recognized a few members such as Niina, Miume and Marisu. Fangirling Suzume though asked me to take notice of Ruu whom she said the facial features resembled her. From there on, we witnessed Magical BanBang, SAY-LA, Ready To Kiss performance.



You Kikkawa draw first blood! Parted 850Baht for Kikka's 2-shot. The hurt is not much as opposed to Up Up Girl's 2-shot tagged at 1000Baht! However to get a 2-shot opportunity with talents under Up Front is very very rare, have to consider this as a 'take it or leave it' scenario. Oh well, its not everytime I can have an opportunity 2-shot with Kikka. Pretty, amazing and talented, thats how I described her.

Kikka 2-shot get!!!

Next is off to FESTIVE. To be brutally honest, I am not really that drawn to their group. Though the same cant be said to the many strong wotas in the vicinity. I tried my luck at their buppan, go towards the member I fancy: Hiyo-chan! Wow, she remembered! +1 for good impression.

Towards the end of the day, a group of UUG, Ciao Bella Cinquetti and Yuu Kikkawa fans converge for a group shot. Wow! Loads of familiar faces found inside.

Group shot of the UUG/CBC/Kikka fans

I saw Tempura Kidz loitering around and stuck around for their performance. Can tell they remembered me after getting a wave back.

Tempura Kidz with Yanakiku. Feeling hungry already?

Waited performance over and upon urging from Henry, went towards Nanaho for a selfie. "Hey! Its you again! Hi~~" was her remark. Again, another staff-san approached and asked if I was from Singapore.

Day 2: Akishibu Project and 1st Off-kai


Akishibu Project on stage!

The day is finally here! Akishibu Project stage for Japan Expo! I started the day by watching Magical BanBang and Ready To Kiss, but those groups are not of my concern (Sorry Norakura~). I am eagerly anticipating the appearance of AKSB!

P.S: I did get a 2-shot with norakura though, cant miss the opportunity of meeting the one who created the odottemita for GIFT.

Obligatory photo of norakura

Those 2 Stages of Akishibu, I embarassed myself alot. Wouldnt want to get into details but I felt I could've done more in showing my support. Also coupled with the fact I got lifted yet again.

Yuunarin with Saorin at the background
Hinahi
Yuechi and the other members moving around distributing flyers

Buppan session, I've made a point to focus solely on Yuechi. During handshake, I was very glad that she called me by name. She patted my shoulder and I patted back... 'WTF I'm doing?? Physical contact with idoru??' Excitement got too much that I forgot that golden rule of contact. Although forgiven but damn I was embarassed. Most of the time during buppan is pumping 'talk time' by purchasing loads of chekis with Yuechi. I talked to the other members too like Hinahi, Yuunarin and Miichan. Most of them remembered, with Yuunarin and Miichan teased me about being Yuechi's fan.

Ever happy, ever smiling Yuechi~

A special thing about Day 2 is that we had an off-kai session with both Akishibu Project and FESTIVE. Theres another off-kai held by SAY-LA and Ready To Kiss running concurrently, but I didnt attend. An off-kai is basically an out-of-concert event, usually in the form of dinner at a specified venue. Its not tied to just eating though, we can have an activity like bowling for an off-kai. Yuechi looked stunning in her non-idoru attire! Same can be said for the other members too. The members will go from table to table, having chitchat with fans. Some are more comfortable to their regular fans and spend more time at their tables. Not jealous though because having a moment to chat with the idols in non-tensed setting is more than enough. Day ends with a 3-shot with the idols of your choosing. I chose Miichan and Yuechi.



Another group attending for today is The World Standard or Wasuta for short. After being snubbed somewhat by Ha-chin during TIF, I was not actually looking forward so much to their buppan. Somehow my fellow wotas, knowing about the situation, gave me their handshake tickets and let me go first. This time?

"Ah Hachin! Oboette?" (Ah Hachin, remember me?)
"Hai! Shingapooru kara imasuka?" (Yes! From Singapore?)

OK, you are cute and you gave resu. I give chance.

What?? She remembered? As opposed to the "OK, yea Thank you~" during TIF. My friends had a field day laughing at my plight.

Day 3: Last Day! All Out, LETS GO!


Amita at Japan Expo Thailand CosCosPlayPlay stage

Again spent the day chasing Akishibu Project.  But first agenda of the day is to attend the cosplay segment featuring SUPERGIRLS member Ami Maeshima. She was cosplaying Kurapica from the series Hunter X Hunter. I try my luck to get a photo with Amita backstage. But alas, didnt get it. Only a certain local idol got it. Grrrrr.

The one who cosplayed Fujitora is good!

After that failed "Amita attempt", it was slugging it out with the wotas at the Girls Bomb segment. I managed to catch Chu-Z, Wonderweed and Yuu Kikkawa though left after Wonderweed because wanted to get a good view at Akishibu's Art Stage segment.

In between, I went for Wasuta's group shot and was thinking what pose to do. Result was below. And since I kinda got "Resu" from Hachin, opt to have her beside me. Look at her sour face! LOL XD
Amazingly, I got called out by staff-san and he asked if I was from Singapore.

X dame dame pose

Ended my Akishibu mission proper by attending their last performance at Travel Stage and catching up with Yuechi at the buppan. I spend a whole chunk of time chatting up with Yuechi at every given 2-shot opportunity. A wave of regret befall me because I noticed members such as Yuunarin, Mii-chan and Abuchan received lots of gifts. Should've scoured one for my favourite member. I told Yuechi that she is the biggest motivation for me picking up Japanese and would improve during my next visit.

Yuechi!

As the buppan was held behind the Travel Stage, we did some shadow furicopy backstage to Ready To Kiss. To be honest, I found their songs to be highly addictive. Akishibu ended the buppan and we have a group shot. FINALLY! I can see myself in Akishibu's group shot!

All of the stages ended proper but some buppan booths were still open. Since I got Baht to spare, head over to the Ready To Kiss booth. These buppans are really expensive, spend 600Baht for chekis and a 2-shot opportunity with a member. Settled for a 2-shot with Ayuko.

Goodbye money because spent on Ayuko
More Ayuko~


In all, Japan Expo Thailand is truly an event not to be missed. For a number of first timers who went there, they gave their mark of approval. It has such drawing power that people from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam and even Hong Kong came down. The same local faces I see in events in Singapore can also be found in that event! Whoa!

Chekis
1x Yuu Kikkawa
1x Hiyo-chan (FESTIVE)
1x SAYLA
1x Uehara Ayuko (Ready To Kiss)
1x Norakura (Magical BanBang)
3-shot Mii-chan & Yuechi (AKSB)
1x Hinahi (AKSB)
1x Yuunarin (AKSB)
1x Mii-chan (AKSB)
5x Yuechi (AKSB)

And lots of shots in my camera. 80 more slots to go in my cheki book!

Bonus: During my flight back home, bumped into FESTIVE, Ready To Kiss, Lovely Doll, SAYLA and Wonderweed. Kinda was with them from stamping passport all the way to security checkout. Awkward lol.


Hiyo-chan!


Cant wait for the 2018 edition next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment