Saturday 18 August 2018

Asia Game Fest 2018: Lets Do Beer Mix?!

Team IDEAentertainment! At AGF!

Heres an event which I thought won't see myself attending. Game festivals in Singapore are not my cup of tea. Also it has too much cosplay, something which I had already lost interest. Of course, it is a GAME festival, GAMES are the theme. GAMERS are the target audience. You wont expect idols to grace such events. Right?

AGF Banner

Well, events need to diversify to attract the crowds, so why not? Bring other aspects of pop culture to attract the crowds. Ballet group Color Pointe and our local act Tokimeki Jump and Serene were invited too. Just look at the Day Stage schedule! https://asiagamefest.com/community/day-stage/

Tokimeki Jump! Unfortunately Reiko's last day as member was on Saturday

I would've not attended if not for someone. Aya from fleramo (orion) actually informed me she will be coming to Singapore again and that event is Asia Game Fest! What? Why that event? Later found out they did the theme for the game LOST TRIGGER, which was being promoted there. The thing is, IDEAentertainment, the group which brings them in were not overly promoted on AGF's page and website. So you have to do some digging on their website. Ah There! On the event schedule, IDEAentertainment!



Since I promise to attend, have to reject a friend's One Man Live / Graduation Event that was happening on the week itself. Amazingly, I got the tickets on the cheap. Lazada had some promotion and nailed it for 60% off.

What you'll get when you order from Lazada

First person to greet me was Aya. Impressed that she called me by name too.

Hi Aya

They attended STGCC last year together with Hiiragi Rio and Tokyo Clears. Somehow they're one of the few groups that I kept bumping into events starting with Japan Expo Thailand.

And she's trying to entice me to buy her shirt. Errr... Cheki will do just fine. This time she brought a along more people. Forever kept teasing, so I grabbed some of my friends to her booth. Another interesting person was Haon, was surprised that she is Korean and has quite a good command of English. Well since promised Aya, stayed around for their performance, both at the mini stage and at the booth.

Wotagei at the IDEAentertainment booth

I dont drink, but I am eagerly await Beer Lover to be played. Cant wait to do the Beer MIX! Sure its fasting month, so do virtual drinking when "kanpai". Didnt manage to record that song, so here's another performance of theirs.



Apart from fleramo, they have punk rock group Ikebukuro Kagekidan (IKKD), Japanese ninja group Kuno1 (Though it can be pronounced as kunoichi. You know kunoichi? Japanese female ninja) and a wotagei group which local wota lord Ruru somehow knows.

Kuno1

IKKD

Wotagei group, Ruru is somewhere out there

They brought some well known cosplayers too. I like this shrine maiden cosplayer, she looks so pretty!

Pretty Shrine maiden!

Cosplayers on stage!

So engrossed I was at the IDEA entertainment booth that I missed all the cheki opportunities with Color Pointe. Their last session they ran out of Cheki tickets and I am not keen on a mobile 2shot. Well, at the very least I watched their performance at the main stage together with Tokimeki Smack, I mean Jump :P

Price List for Color Pointe

Goods on sale

Dont smacc me Suzumeeee

Apart from the cosplayers, its all games. If you are a gaming buff especially to the PC MASTER RACE, this is the event for you. Found it amusing that they have a Halal Izakaya booth. Izakaya to me is always associated to alcohol and drinking, something restricted in my religion. The word comes from "Saka-ya", means shop which sells alcohol. So to use it on their establishment, cant help but chuckle. Even more surprised they do have a halal certified beer! Whoaaa. If you're interested, can visit their shop. Its called Hararu Izakaya by the way.



The IDEAentertainment booth is brimming with people for both days. Though most are the usual faces you see around events. The performers kept doing lives at their booth throughout the day, even a casual guy said its one of the most lively booths around. And just like that, day is over. Said "bye bye" to Aya and friends until she revealed another surprise.

"We will come to STGCC!"


LOL, looks like another meeting in the works. Cant wait for September~

Thanks for the sign Aya!

Goods / Chekis received:
2x Big Aya Cheki
2x Haon
1x Kuno1
1 signed CD from Aya

No comments:

Post a Comment